INTRODUCING she KC
READERSHIP: 40,000+ readers, 150,000+ with our TV, radio & web audiences
DISTRIBUTION: over 400 locations throughout the KC Metro area
DEMOGRAPHICS: read by Women and Girls 14+ in the KC Metro
she KC consists of five media components .
Our flagship is she magazine which will be published monthly and available FREE at over 650 locations in Kansas City, including health clubs, spas, restaurants, sporting facilities, retail stores and more. The publication will also be available by subscription.
These components will provide additional ways for she KC and advertisers to connect with our target audience These components include:
Radio programs: the she KC radio program, heard three times a week plus Brenda VanLengen’s “She’s Got Game,” heard twice a week.
Web/Social Media: she KC will have a presence on the web and will utilize social media to market the website, magazine, radio programs and advertiser messages
PR: she KC will provide solutions for companies to market their services and products through public relations appearance and editorial in the magazine and on the she KC website
TV: she KC will be promoted heavily on cable TV, plus there will be opportunities for companies to brand their services and products within the she KC TV commercials.
In addition, she KC will participate in EVENTS throughout Kansas City and make opportunities available to our advertisers to participate in these events, too.
AUDIENCE & DEMOGRAPHICS
The target audience for she KC is mothers and daughters.
she KC will be target to an audience of females 14+ who are interested in sports, health and exercise. Statistically, this is an affluent, active audience with buying power and influence:
- 51.7% of the Kansas City metropolitan area population (of 1.5 million) is female
- 33% of high school females are involved in sports
- 40% of overall sports participation is by women
- 63% of women interested in sports are 18-54 years old
- 31% of U.S. adults report that they engage in regular leisure-time physical activity
Other interesting facts:
- she KC will reach an audience of business women, too. 30.9% of businesses in the Kansas City metropolitan area are owned by women. Many of these business owners played sports in their youth.
- Nationwide, women make 85% of consumer purchases
Our monthly magazine distribution at over 400 locations, plus our radio, TV and website exposure will allow us to reach over 150,000 consumers each month in the KC metro.
Sources: USA Today, NY Times, she-conomy.com, census bureau, win.niddk.nih.gov
The editorial focus for she KC will be on the three components that define the publication, website and radio/TV shows…sports, health and exercise.
Editorial will be target at the female audience outlined in the audience/demographic section of the Media Kit.
Within the three components, we will present a divergent number of topics and articles targeted to inform, entertain, influence and educate our audience.
Sample stories in she KC could include:
- A feature on a female high school athlete or team
- How to stay in shape during the off season
- Why pilates is a good solution for exercise as you reach your 30’s, 40’s and above
- Healthy eating solutions for families on the go
- A profile of a female professional athlete (or former professional) or high school/college coach
- How weight lifting can help with weight loss
- Childhood obesity issues and solutions
she KC is right for businesses in the following categories:
health care • exercise and fitness • beauty – spas - salons - tanning
automotive services and sales • relaxation – massage
travel destinations/agents • restaurants and food stores • household services and repair
athletic training • sports uniforms and awards • real estate • banking and investing
apparel and jewelry • education • legal services • event planning
home décor • nutrition • pets
book stores and coffee shops • sporting goods • computer services
For more information contact:
Brenda VanLengen, (913) 515-0432, firstname.lastname@example.org
or Steve Fisch, (913) 579-1950,